Stars: Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monáe
Each woman is able to make her impact on NASA and the start of the United States Space Program. Because of their work, we were able to put a man in space and have him orbit the Earth. Along with these amazing stories of how the woman overcame all obstacles thrown at them, we are shown their lives at home and how they handled life in segregation.
Liked Its & Hated Its
- I love math. If I decided to get a major in it rather than a minor, I would hope that I'd end up somewhere like these three women doing something important.
- I liked Janelle's character. She was so fun and carefree, but also strong and willing to do what it takes to make it in her field of expertise.
- <SPOILER> I liked the scene where Kat gets proposed to, thought it was hilarious.
- I liked how the lead astronaut (John Glenn) treated the woman, he didn't care that they were colored only saw their brains and trusted them completely.
- Though I liked John Glenn as a character, the guy who played him is in Scream Queens (which is a complete bash to sororities everywhere) and he is a not so nice guy, so that is really all I could think when I saw him. It's a shame.
- I hated how Jim Parson's character treated Kat. Honestly, I hate how all of them were treated by everyone, why was it like that back then? Makes me angry. But I liked how they all came around to accept Kat and the others in the end.
"If that boy were an apple, he'd be a delicious"
- (17 Again)