Stars: Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Stephen Henderson
be building a fence for Rose, about how his life was long ago. Then all of a sudden, something serious happens that leads to an even more gap between the married couple. Troy seems to be pushing everyone away from him by the way he acts and plummets more and more into what I believe is depression.
Liked Its & Hated Its
- I hated the long drawn out scenes. Denzel’s character went on and on for what felt like a full 20 minutes about one topic.
- I hated the run time.
- I hated how he just complained the entire time.
- I hated that there really wasn’t much of a plot. It was just Troy complaining and talking constantly and everyone else crying or being scared of him
- I liked Gabe (Mykelti Williamson), Troy’s brother, who has some sort of mental disorder due to his time in the military. He was always happy.
- I liked the acting. I though Denzel was great, but I would say Viola stole the show for me. The scene after Troy tells her the big news was amazing and very emotionally raw.
- I liked when he was at the bar. They FINALLY picked a different location to film.
- I hated the scene where he is yelling at the Devil and Death... though I also kind of liked it since it reminded me of War Room
- And I liked the ending scene… Troy wasn’t there to complain about anything.
"If that boy were an apple, he'd be a delicious"
- (17 Again)
follow me on Twitter and Instagram @shanschltz